Planning your wedding cake is really exciting but with so many options it can also feel like quite a daunting task! Here are some key considerations:
- What type of wedding are you having? Traditional, contemporary, vintage or is there a specific theme?
- How many guests do you need the cake to serve? Will it be a dessert, served at the end of the meal with coffee or served in the evening?
- Do you want to keep the top tier for a first wedding anniversary or christening?
- What flavours do you like? It’s nice to offer guests a selection by having a few different flavours.
- It’s also worth considering the time of year – fresh, fruity and light cakes may be good for a summer wedding and heavier chocolate and fruit cakes for a winter wedding.
- What shape? Round and square tend to be the most popular cake shapes but heart, petal, hexagonal or oval can all make for a unique design. Double height or half height tiers can also add to a designs impact.
- Would you like tiers stacked directly on top of one another? Or perhaps one or more tiers blocked with fresh or sugar flowers?
- What decorations would you like? Fresh or sugar flowers? Lace or piped detail? Or perhaps a bespoke bride and groom?
- Will you need to hire a stand?
- Will you require set up and delivery?
Don't be daunted by all these considerations, we have plenty of experience in wedding cakes and planning and will be able to talk you through all the options during a private consultation, prior to providing you with a quote. For further information please contact us and visit our Information and About Us pages.